Palestinians killed by Israeli forces, settlers in West Bank-Xinhua

西瓜视频

Palestinians killed by Israeli forces, settlers in West Bank

Source: Xinhua

Editor: huaxia

2026-08-21 21:36:45

RAMALLAH, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- Israeli forces and settlers killed two Palestinians in separate incidents in the West Bank on Friday, Palestinian sources said.

In the northern West Bank city of Jenin, Palestinian sources and eyewitnesses told Xinhua that Israeli forces raided the home of Fathi Khazem, a 58-year-old retired colonel and father of two slain militants, under heavy gunfire, shot him inside, and later withdrew with his body.

They added that Israeli forces blocked a Palestinian ambulance from reaching the scene.

In a statement, the Israeli army said that its forces fired at an "armed terrorist" in Jenin who "attempted to stab one of the soldiers with a knife."

The army did not identify the man as Khazem and reported no Israeli casualties.

Khazem, known as "Abu Raad," had been wanted by Israel since a 2022 Tel Aviv attack by one of his sons.

Separately, 17-year-old Karim Sanad Raja Shalaldeh was shot and killed Friday by Israeli settlers during an assault on the town of Sa'ir, north of Hebron, in the southern West Bank, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry and local sources. A man in his 70s was also wounded.

The killings came amid surging violence across the West Bank, where settler attacks and military raids have intensified alongside the Gaza war.